Suggest pain medication that does not cause constipation
User rating for this question
Is there any other pain medication other than Norco that does not cause severe constipation, I have tried EVERYTHING miralax laxatives milk of mag. enemas, even mineral oil enemas and also drinking mineral oil, I take 30 mg a day plus I wear a 25 mg Inderal pain patch, my doctor lowered my dosage last month now I have pain and constipation CAN YOU HELP PLEASE!
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Oxycodone/naloxone combination may be the soultion Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Bowel dysfunction, especially opioid-induced constipation is one of the most common and persistent side effect in treatment of moderate to severe chronic pain with opioid analgesics. This results in low treatment efficacy and treatment compliance. Patients are exposed to additional burden and stress. Recent studies shows patients receiving a combination of Oxycodone/naloxone. the pain severity level was progressively reduced, at the same time bowel function was improving and overall patient satisfactions was increased. I'm mentioning this because you have tried most of the other options available. Discuss with your doctor about the above mentioned combination to help you with management of pain and constipation. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
Follow-up: Suggest pain medication that does not cause constipation 16 minutes later
Maybe there is some hope after all! It just seems like some of the doctors don't understand how miserable this can be, the fuller my stomach becomes the more I become sway- backed and it pulls harder on my spine! Thank you for your advice wish me luck!!!
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello, You're most welcome. Best of luck. Regards.
People also viewed
- Medical conditions that cause constipation
- Ct contrast side effects
- Losartan coughing side effect
- Drugs/medication for Paracetamol toxicity
- Suggest medication for constipation
- What medication is suggested for habitual constipation
- Hydro cortisone sodium succinate
- Diagnosis of Biliary colic
- Cozaar side effects cough
- Diagnosis of Functional murmur
- Symptoms of Functional murmur
- Suggest pain medication that does not cause constipation
- Suggest medication for constipation and gastritis
- Diagnosis of Laryngopharyngeal reflux
- Ms contin vs oxycontin