Suggest natural medication to lower blood pressure?

Good morning, can you give me some advice on natural medication I can take to lower my blood pressure? I am under the care of my physician, I have had the pressure for a long time.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see details

Detailed Answer:
Respected Ma'm
1. Life style modifications has been suggested for all patients of high blood pressure. They include:-
a. Cessation of smoking.
b. Moderation of alcohol intake (not more than 2 units/pegs per day).
c. Optimization of weight (Body mass index <25).
d. Regular physical exercise under supervision.
e. Low salt diet (less than 6 gram of sodium chloride or common salt) with avoiding table salt & foods with high salt content like pickles, white bread, soups, chutneys etc.
f. DASH diet plan with diet XXXXXXX in vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, low-fat dairy products and low in saturated & total fat.
All of the above measures should be continued along with medicines.
Beside these
g. Relaxation techniques & regular yoga has been found to have modest positive effect on blood pressure levels.
h. Garlic, vitamin C, vitamin E and a few Chinese herbs have been found to have small but beneficial effect on blood pressure, but none has been recommended by our governing bodies (american college of cardiology and others). Hence I do not recommend them to my patients. A number of other natural substances were subjected to clinical trials but none was find useful enough to be recommended.
Hope this provides some insight.
Feel free to discuss further.