Suggest medicines to increase stamina and ejaculation time?

Hi Doctor,
I have a sex related issue where my stamina is reduced so I ejaculate in 2-3 minutes just after I start. So please suggest any medicine to increse my stamina and ejaculation time.
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 8 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

First of all, let me tell you that your sexual problem of pre-mature ejaculation is actually a very common problem in young males. Now, there are two treatment approches for this problem - one is with medicines and the other is by practicing certain sexual techniques.

There are certain medication like Dapoxetine (Prilyxet), which can help you increase ejaculation time. The usually recommended dosage of Dapoxetine (Prilyxet) is 30mg, once a day and this can be taken for a short period of time till your problem improves. In addition, you can also take a multivitamin plus zinc supplement like Becozinc on a daily basis.

The second solution for pre-mature ejaculation is to reduce the "hypersensitivity" of the penis. For this, there are certain specific sexual techniques which can reduce this hypersensitivity. The "stop-start technique" or "squeeze technique" have been proven to be successful in reducing this hypersensitivity and increasing the ejaculatory time.

In the stop-start technique, the penis is stimulated (by sexual intercourse or by masturbation) till a point when you feel close to orgasm. At that point, the stimulation is stopped for some time and after a small gap, it is continued. This process is repeated repeated a few times.

In the squeeze technique, the penis can be stimulated by hand (by masturbation or by your partner) till a point when you feel close to orgasm. At that point, the lower part of the head of the penis is squeezed tightly with the index finger and thumb around for a few seconds till the erection decreases. Then the stimulation is restarted and the process is repeated a few times.

If both these techniques are practised regularly, you can gradually prolong the time for ejaculation. Eating a healthy, nutritious diet and doing regular physical exercise is also important. Also, importantly, stop becoming more anxious about this problem - because if you feel more anxious and worried or if you keep having doubts that you may not be able to perform properly, then this anxiety itself will worsen the problem. So, during sexual intercourse try to stop worrying and "monitoring" your sexual performance. Just try to be relaxed and enjoy yourself. Don't keep on thinking "How long am I going to last?" "Will I ejaculate too quickly?" "Will I be able to satisfy my parrtner?, etc. One more suggestion is to arouse your partner well befor starting intercourse. So, you can increase and spice-up your foreplay and make sure that you start penetration only after your partner is fully turned on. When your partner is fully aroused and involved, then things keep flowing smoothly and effortlessly, and you don't have to be constantly anxious if you are satisfying your partner or not.

So, don't worry, if you follow these suggestions, then I'm sure that you will be able to gradually overcome your sexual problem.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist