Suggest medicines to get rid from irregular period problem

suggest me medicines to get rid from irregular period problem
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX The medicine that is routinely prescribed for irregular periods is oral contarceptive pills. Since it is a contraceptive, it may interfere with getting pregnant. If everything is normal on tests, then I think that irregular periods are part of your normal self. You should not get worried about them and take treatment only if it interferes with getting pregnant, etc. If the periods get delayed for a long time, then periods can be induced after a 5 day progesterone (regesterone) treatment. Hope it helps Let me know if you have any doubts. Dr Vaishalee