Suggest medicine to prepone mensturial cycle

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hey I want medicine to prepone my mensturial cycle please suggest
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Progesterone tablets Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. To prepone the menstrual cycle, you have to start tablets 15 to 20 days before the expected date of periods. Because you have to take the tablets for around 5 days. After stopping the tablets it will take around 3 to 7 days to induce withdrawal bleeding. And the bleeding can continue for around 5 days. Better to use any tablets after consulting gynecologist only. For this purpose usually in our hospital we prescribe progesterone tablets like regestrone or medroxy progesterone etc. If you are not having 15 days gap, better to go for postponement of periods. For more details : http://srsree.blogspot.in/2013/11/postponing-or-preponing-periods-By . html Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: Suggest medicine to prepone mensturial cycle 18 minutes later
Please suggest if i take primolut n will that work here for preponing and how should i take it.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can take with your doctor's advice Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, you can take with your doctor's advice. You have to start at least 15 days before as I told previously. Usually we prescribe twice a day for five days for this purpose in our hospital. Intake time should be strictly maintained, like eg. 9am and 9pm. Missing the tablet can lead to withdrawal bleeding. Take care.

Follow-up: Suggest medicine to prepone mensturial cycle 3 minutes later
What if i want to postpone the cycle, the same medicine will work or i will have to take another medicine

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can use these tablets with your doctor's advic Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, you can take the tablets with your doctor's advice. For postponing, generally you have to start the tablets at least 5 days before expected date of periods and have to continue till the date you want to postpone the periods. For more details : http://srsree.blogspot.in/2013/11/postponing-or-preponing-periods-By . html Take care.