Suggest medicine to delay periods for few days

I want to delay my periods by few days (approximately a week). My periods will start around 27th Aug. I am going on a vacation to Puerto Rico and my periods will start around the same time. Can you suggest any medication to do so.
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 minutes later
You can take a hormone tablet called norethisterone. The dose is 5 mg three times a day starting 3-4 days before a period is due. It can be continued for up to two weeks or so until you want to have a period. Your period will then normally begin 2-3 days after stopping it. Norethisterone is normally safe to take. Some women have side-effects such as bloating, stomach upset, breast discomfort and reduced libido (sex drive).

NORETHISTERONE comes by the name of
NORGEST 5 mg etc
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Suggest medicine to delay periods for few days 9 minutes later
Thanks for the reply. So I can start the medicines from around 23rd Aug. Are these medications available over the counter or will I need a prescription for the same. In case I need a prescription then can you provide me one.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
This is a prescription drug and you will have to talk to your doctor for the prescription.
Legal bindings don't allow me to give prescription to any on line patient.