Suggest medicine for high blood sugar problem?

i have high blood sugar problem.... and fasting reading is above 200. pl suggest me medicine.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Metformin Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX XXXXXXX I am sorry about your high blood sugar level and the fasting reading of above 200. I usually start my patients with newly diagnosed Diabetes with Tablet Metformin 500 mg twice daily, along with lifestyle changes like exercise and healthy diet. This is a prescription drug. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs. You may want to get the same medicine prescribed by your family physician as well. Hope this helps you.
Follow-up: Suggest medicine for high blood sugar problem? 3 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, low carb diet is required Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, diet changes in the form of low carbohydrate is required for you. Avoid direct sugars, sweets, roots such as beet root, high starch food like rice and potato. Take more of proteins in the form of wheat chapathi, oats, and corn flakes. wish you good health.
Follow-up: Suggest medicine for high blood sugar problem? 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: not required at this moment Detailed Answer: Hello, At this moment, you do not require other medicines. Follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen, along with the anti-diabetic drug. You will be fine. take care!