Suggest medicine for dry skin problem near ears and nose along with dry lips

Hello, I have dry skin problem near ears and nose. Also my lips gets dry. Is there any medicine other than aplying some creames.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX The dry skin that you are mentioning seems to be mild. It definitely does not seem hereditary. In such a case mild treatment can be undertaken. I will not recommend any oral medicine for this condition. One measure that can help is applying moisturizer on wet skin after washing face. You may also benefit from glycerin and moisturizer mixed in equal quantities after washing face. You can also try cleanser and moisturizer from cetaphil. Thick creams that contain zinc oxide can be tried topically on the area. Vaseline may help. Other advises that will help you are to avoid unnecessary antibiotics, avoid using chlorinated water and avoid harsh soaps and antiseptics. Take pure drinking water and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Hope this helps. Dr Vaishalee