Suggest medicine for cold, headache and blood clot from nose with no relief from Azythromycin

Hi, Since last 1 week I am having cold due to weather of Bangalore. Last month I had the same issue, I consulted MBBS doctor she prescribe Azythromicine, Z-mont tablets. Currently I have having headache, and green hard stuff comes from my nose with some blood clot. I feel like a very heavy head and can't sleep because of running nose and coughing as well. I am allergic to strong smell and dust. I feel that there is an infection at deeper side of my nose. Kindly suggest permanent medication for this. Thank You XXXXX
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Since you are having recurrent infection of the nasal cavity, it is possible that the infection has spread to the sinuses. To confirm the same, you can get x-rays or scan of the sinuses done. You will need a prescription from an ear, nose and throat specialist for the x-ray. You will also need a throat swab done and tested for culture and sensitivity. It will help find the bacteria that are colonizing your throat and the antibiotics that can be employed for it. It is not good to take antibiotics that have no effect on the bacteria colonizing your throat. Also you need to adapt some lifestyle changes to improve your immunity: - Avoid the triggers for the allergy. Take anti-allergics to decrease secretions during allergy. - Take painkillers like brufen 200 mg for the headache - Take at least 5 fruits and vegetables in a day - Take hygienic food and pure drinking water - Exercise for atleast 20 min a day I will recommend that you visit an ear, nose and throat specialist and get investigated. It is not good to ignore heaviness of head. Hope it helps Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee