Suggest medications for hair fall that does not cause any side effects

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I'M 27 and losing hair(already 40% thin by volume)... Doctor has prescribed me MX - 5 Minoxidil topical solution and Finaride - 1 tablets... Another doctor has suggested me Hairbless Minoxidil and Aminexil topical solution 5% and Hairbless tablets... 1. Which is better to use? 2. I'm worried as I read in many sites(consumer posts) the side effects as 'decreased libido, impotence, reduction in the volume of ejaculate, testicular pain, erection problem'. Please provide me with the required information. Especially the side effects as decreased libido and erection problems(and also the above mentioned).
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Better use the combination of minoxidil and amnexidil. It is better than minoxidil alone. you are correct finasteride has side also the response is only till the time you take the tablet. Better go for hairbless tablet. It is a combination of nutrients and can help in hair growth also there won't be any side effects. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest medications for hair fall that does not cause any side effects 3 hours later
Hello, Thank you for the reply. You didnt answer my second question. The side effects as decreased libido and erection problems(and others mentioned). Answer me clearly on that. Im too much worried with that. Its been a month i took the prescription and didnt start using it cos of the fear of side effects, especially related to sex life as i will be getting married in another 4-6 months I have also attached a pic of my present hair condition. Please also suggest me the regular hair care. I shampoo it everyday with head and shoulders men shampoo; Use ' fungicide' shampoo twice a week.; and apply parachute avurvedic hair oil once in 15 days. Please answer me in detail and for all the queries..

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. If you have plans to get married within 4 months, please dont take finasteride. It can cause sexual dysfunction. Mainly it causes problem in erection. Although it is temporary but you cannot take risk. So better go ahead with what the second doctor suggested you. There are no side effects with hairbless solution as well as tablets. Shampoos used by you are good but try to avoid oil. You can apply oil once in 15 days. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest medications for hair fall that does not cause any side effects 42 hours later
Thank you. I need to know the reason behindmy hairfall... I can come down to your clinic for the tests... Please let me know the clinic details...

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. The medications provided to you suggest that you are suffering from androgenic alopecia. it happens due to hyperactivity of testosterone on hair follicle. Finasteride decrease the effects of testosterone but testosterone is required for male sexual function also hence finasteride cause side effects. Usually I am not available at my clinic. I keep roaming to places. However there are good doctors available at my clinic. You can visit. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest medications for hair fall that does not cause any side effects 5 minutes later
Thank you. Is there sexual side effects with the use of minoxidil andamenixil topical solution ? Does hairbless tablets contain finasteride? Thank you once again for answering all my queries.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello No there are no side effects of minoxidil amnexidil combination. It can be used safely even for years. Hairbless does not contain finasteride. You can take it safely. Thank you