Suggest medications for IBS. Dosage and when it has to be taken? Safe for long term use?

General Surgeon
This query is for Dr XXXXXXX pergela , as you mentioned in your last reply that you have had good results with your patients with pre and probiotic capsules for IBS , can you pls suggest the names of these capsules , dosage , and if they should be taken after meals or on empty stomach and lastly are they safe for long term use or to be used only when symptoms arise
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I usually give PREPRO HS capsule to my patients with IBS.
I give it twice daily after food.
They can be used for long term.But,they are stopped usually after beneficial effects are seen.
I stop the drug once the symptoms are relieved.
Hope i answered your query.
Wish you good health