Suggest medication to increase height in short period?

i want to gro 5-6 inches taller. i am 19 yrs old and my height is dad is 5-9 inches taller and mom is 5-5.i want to be a tallest if i asked about my dedication to grow taller.if you can give the the name of that medicine.pills,exercise or whatever stuff to help me grow wonderfully taller in shortest span of would do the very best to my confidence
i have purchased grow taller dvd;s and it is very tough to practice. so i have thrown it into garbage.i want is sure shot grow taller medicine or pills or growth hormone names etc.i am 86 kilos heavy built guy..i hope thats enough for you to know what can help me grow taller
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query, and you are just 19-years-old. You have at least another 2-4 years to grow. Usually men do no grow much after the age of 24. So let us make the most of the 2-4 years you have to grow.

Some very important factors (do's and don'ts) play a vital role in increasing height. Let me list both of them for you to follow:

-Strectching exercises (making your spine more flexible, gives more space between your vertebrae, leading to growth)
-Sports like basketball, running, biking, yoga, and swimming greatly help
-High protein diet (eg. milk and other dairy products, meat, fish, eggs, tofu, chicken (breast piece),
-Vitamin supplements and diet (fruits and vegetables-you have to eat them everyday; diet plays a very important role, so keep eating all the time; but nutritional food, not fatty food)
-Plenty of water
-Lots of sleep (research has shown that the most amount of growth hormone [the hormone that causes growth] is produced while you are asleep-- get at least 8-10 hours sleep)
-Diet XXXXXXX in zinc, manganese and phosphorus (google this for a list of edibles; if you need help with this, let me know); eg. zinc -- peanuts, eggs, chocolate, peas, oysters, etc.
-Fix a rod somewhere in your room, and just hang on it for at least 15 minutes a day. If possible do pull-ups, if you cannot, no problem, just hang on it
-Get plenty of calcium, this is what causes bone growth, and if your bones grow; you grow (eg. daiy products, green vegetables, even calcium supplements on a daily basis, etc.)
-Vitamin B3 (niacin) is a vitamin that helps in the production of growth hormone. You could take niacin or a vitamin B complex pill on an empty stomach, once every morning
-Vitamin D (helps in muscle growth, this is also very important). Expose yourself to the sun for at least 10 minutes everyday. Diet - fish, mushrooms, etc.)
-Eat 5-6 small meals with healthy food (if you feel hungry in between, include any of the above mentioned items as a snack). Eg. 1 egg or a bowl of boiled mushrooms, etc.

-Do not become over weight (calculate your BMI and stay the right weight for your height and age)-- being over weight can limit the increase of your height
-Avoid caffeine
-Avoid smoking
-Avoid steroids (they stunt growth)
-Avoid eating large meals

There are plenty of growth increasing supplements / other pills in the market. However there are no enough evidences to prove that it works. Moreover they can cause some serious side effects in the future, which is why I would only advise you to take them after visiting a doctor. Your doctor will monitor you on a regular basis, and know when to start and when to stop these supplements.

As of now, I would advise supplements for vitamins, zinc, magnesium, iron, calcium, and minerals. But you can get all this from a healthy diet as well.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Suggest medication to increase height in short period? 2 days later
i am looking to buy peak height maximizer,it promises to increase my height.i know thaht my height will increase but its a matter of some time.i am very eager to gain height upto few inches like 2-4 u recon it would if be better to buy it or not.if yes, then should i purchase 3 months package or 6 months package.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 32 minutes later
Hello once again XXXXXXX

I would advise a 3 month package, and if you do experience a growth spurt, we could then re-order the package. I feel this would be safer.

Take care and best of luck.