Suggest medication for sore throat
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 23 minutes later
hello and welcome to health care magic, I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you with your infection control Since you are having a severe sore throat, you may do these- - since you have already started antibiotics, you may continue them as advised - do salt water gargle three times a day for a week with warm water - add a pain killer like paracetamol and an antihistamine like levocetrizine in consultation with your doctor -do not scream or whisper and cause strain to your voice - take only warm food and fluids - hydrate yourself properly and do not take cold food - if the pain is severe then you may also consider antibiotic or pain killer injection in consultation with your doctor If you do not get better in a couple of days then you must get a throat swab and get back to me or any ENT doctor with the report wishing you a speedy recovery and if you have any more doubts I will be happy to answer them regards Dr Sriram Nathan
Follow-up: Suggest medication for sore throat 3 hours later
Can diclofenac help in relieving pain,and what should be the dosage??
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 50 minutes later
hello again, You can very well take diclofenac in dose of 50mg twice a day. Of course you should take only after food and not in an empty stomach ok Hope this helps get well soon regards Dr Sriram Nathan
People also viewed
- Pregnant having cold and sore throat suggest medication
- Is sore throat a side effect of lisinopril?
- Indent in thigh buttock
- Suggest medication for sore throat
- Sore throat medical cure for this
- Is ear congestion a side effect of lamisil?
- Suggest medication for persistent sore throat and knee pain
- Inflamed sinuses ear whooshing
- Is hoarseness a side effect of levofloxacin?
- Suggest medication for severe sore throat
- I feel my head spinning sometimes while im
- Imitinef mercilet structure
- Is sore throat a side effect of omeprazole?
- Is putting lotion on your privates good for you
- Is hearing loss a side effect of ofloxacin?