Suggest medication for sore throat, back pain and sensitive to medicines

Im 40 yrs old ive had a sore throat, back pain and have had bad side effects of any medication such as vomiting, ive been very pale too, I have one kidney but thats been working fine with an x rays. Do you have any light medication to help my matter?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Salt water gargles,Bed rest,water,Celecoxib,hot pa Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are suffering from sore throat and back pain. For sore throat, you can try salt gargles three to 4 times per day. I will help in removing the mucus and thus clearing the organisms. As you are very sensitive to any medicines and vomiting after taking the tablets, You may have gastric ulcer or gastritis ( But this is a suspicion and can be confirmed by clinical examination and upper GI endoscopy). You can try selective COX-2 inhibitors like Celecoxib, it will not only help in relieving sore throat and also your back pain. Staying hydrated is very much essential in any infections. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. You can try over the counter antihistamine syrups like hydroxyzine, cetrizine. As most of the upper respiratory tract infection are caused by virus, you do not need any antibiotics. Take rest for two or three days. this rest not only help in sore throat but also for your back pain. Have alternating hot and cold packs application in the area of pain in the back. This will help in relieving the pain and decreasing the inflammation These symptoms will go away in one week to 7 days. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.