Suggest medication for arthritic pains

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am taking Plavix and am having some arthritic pains can I take oxycodone, or what medication can I take?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can take tylenol. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. First thing I want to clear you that you must not take any medicine without prescription of doctor. Tylenol(acetaminophen) is probably the only drug that you will be able to take. In some patients it is seen that oxycodone causes side effects when taken with plavix like angina, drug withdrawal syndrome etc. So be cautious to take oxycodone with plavix without prescription of doctor. If it is only in your hands I feel the tylenol would be your best course of action. Please do not exceed the daily dose of 4000mg , as it can cause liver damage. If the tylenol does not provide you with relief, I suggest you see a orthopaedician for your arthritic pains as only your doctor after doing your physical examination would advise you other medicines. I hope it helps. You are welcome to ask further health related queries. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: WWW.WWWW.WW Let me know if you have any concerns. Thanks. Dr.Singh.