Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi doctor i had contacted you recently regarding a painful knee. you had requested xrays. This is the report; Exam requested : Knee: AP and Lat [ left & right ] Findings: BOTH KNEES Bilateral osteoarthritic changes seen evidenced by peaking of the intercondylar eminence, patella spurring and joint reduction. [ L.>>R] No lysis or fracture sen. Fabellae noted bilaterally. Based on the above please advise on medication and treatment. I am XXXX and I look forward to your response.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Upload x-ray film. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query again. My friend you have not uploaded your x-ray film. From your x-ray film I will be able to grade the osteoarthritis of your knee. Anyways since you have mentioned bilateral osteoarthritis changes seen evidenced by peaking of the intercondylar eminence, patella spurring and joint reduction. [ L.>>R]. This means that time has come that you should avoid squatting, upstairs etc as much as you can. You can do daily morning walk for 30 mins, this will benefit you. Take balance diet to avoid overweight. You can take medicine by discussing it with your doctor and no by your self prescription because these medicines have server side effects especially in your case because you are case of duodenal ulcer. Your doctor may advise you paracetamol or a low-dose opiate-based painkiller, glucosamine+chondroitin combination, local painkiller oils. Do regular quadriceps straightening exercises uploaded on you tube. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. Do not get worried, believe in god and trust your doctor. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask health related queries. Thanks. Dr.Singh.