Suggest me which one of Al or Tamoxifen a good choice for Breast cancer therapy

I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis in 1961(paralyzed from waist down) and recently diagnosed with Stage One Invasive Breast Cancer, Grade 2, ER+,PR+, no node involvement and had a right breast mastectomy. How do I now choose between a BC therapy? I am afraid of an AI because of possible bone fractures (I depend on my arms- especially wrists-for all movement) and Tamoxifen (have large ovarian cyst and am permanently on warfarin because of previous blood clots in legs). Thank you for your help.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 28 hours later
Brief Answer: AI would be a better choice Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sorry for the delay in my response. I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Oncology, working with an experienced Gynec Oncologist. I answer on his behalf. AI would be a better choice in contrast with Tamoxifen when the side effects are a concern. AIs when combine with Bisphosphonates can be expected to be much safer treatment for Breast cancer even in a post menopausal woman. The risk of clotting disturbances caused by Tamoxifen is moderate but in you considering the preexistant bleeding problems can cause serious outcomes. Hence, avoiding it would be a be a better option. Also do get the Oncotype DX test done which would give an idea about the aggressiveness of the cancer. This test would help us to choose the mainstay treatment for the same. Wish you good health. regards,