Suggest me ways to find out whether am pregnant or not

Is there any way for me to find out if I am pregnant if I didn't yet miss a period?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. There are following commonly used methods to detect pregnancy: 1.Missed periods with history of unprotected intercourse specially around ovulation period is the first step to suspect pregnancy. 2. Urine Pregnancy kit available on the counter in the market. It can get faintly positive even before you miss your periods. But we advice to do it 7-10 days after missed periods as it gives you the confirmation. 3. Serum HCG Levels. 4. Ultrasound Pelvis - In Transabdominal ultrasound signs of pregnancy are usually seen after one week of missed periods. A little earlier if Transvaginal Ultrasonography is done. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: Suggest me ways to find out whether am pregnant or not 1 minute later
I took the morning after pill XXXXXXX within 5 days of unprotected intercourse on day 17 of my cycle. Is it possible for me to be pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes , Possible Detailed Answer: Welcome Again. See , Day 17th is again a high risk period. The reason being that it is not essential that the ovulation would occur exactly on Day 14th of the cycle and moreover , ovum waits to get fertilized before it disintegrates. So , it is possible that your ovum got fertilized by the sperm. You took emergency contraceptive pill after 5 days of unprotected intercourse. What really happens is that sooner you consume the pill , chances of getting pregnant are lesser. And chances of failure are high if you take the pill late after 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. So , at this point this can't be said with certainty that you will conceive or not. So , at present you just wait for your periods. If you miss them , test yourself by urine pregnancy kit. This is my best opinion for you. I wish you good luck. If you don't have a further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it.
Follow-up: Suggest me ways to find out whether am pregnant or not 35 minutes later
I am very anxious not to be pregnant. Is there anything I can do at this time, such as conforming a pregnancy and what would be the possible alternatives for ending it.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Due date of Periods Detailed Answer: I understand your worry. Can you tell me when are your periods expected?