Suggest me treatment using these MRI results inspite of not having any ischemic insult
User rating for this question
I have just had an mri. the results or findings are :nonspecific bright FLAIR signal intensity scatteresd within the ce5ebal white matter consistant with chronic small vessel ischemic gliotic disease there is no ischemeic insult to the cerebral cortex, brainstem or cerebellum..... can you give me this info in laymens terms ?I DO HAVE HEd aches. AND THEY SEEM TO ALMOST DISAPPEAR WHEN I TAKE ADVIL. XXXXXXX thank you
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in General Health
Follow-up: Suggest me treatment using these MRI results inspite of not having any ischemic insult 6 minutes later
I DO HAVE HEd aches. AND THEY SEEM TO ALMOST DISAPPEAR WHEN I TAKE ADVIL.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: These are not very significant... Detailed Answer: Hi, It means that your small sized arteries that supply the brain are blocked. Lack of enough blood leads to "ischemic insult" to the area mentioned - cerebral white matter. These changes are pretty commonly seen in elderly patients as blood vessels get blocked. The changes that is seen is definitely not related to short time headaches. If you have no other troubling symptoms, I would not be concerned about these changes. I hope your blood pressure and cholesterol levels are in check. Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
People also viewed
- What are the treatments suggested after analyzing the mri report
- Is halfprin used in the treatment of ischemic stroke, prophylaxis?
- Sharp pain in the ear stomach upset and chills advice
- Had mri parietal white matter old ischemic foci treatment
- Is itching a side effect of tadalafil?
- What are the side effects of sensipar?
- Had a dog bite bruised nail worried
- Lump in the groin could this be hernia
- What are the side effects of rocephin?
- Is confusion a side effect of stelara?
- Burning pain after last epididiymis surgery what can be done
- Is toothache a side effect of striant?
- Mri scan shows memory loss suggest treatment
- Swollen tongue abdominal pain and vomiting what is wrong
- Ischemic stroke treatment