Suggest me on my semen analysis report

I am 26 yr old.Weight :62Kg and height 174 cm.My semen analysis results is as follows
Quantity: 2ml,semi viscous and alkaline
Count : 30 millions/m
70% motile
20 % Sluggishly Motile
10% non motile
10-15 pus cells/hpf

Please comment on it
Posted Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
You sperm count is normal,and the motility is above average. But you seem to have some pus cells in your semen indicating infection.You should take an atibiotic for 10 days.Then repeat the semen analysis after 2-3 months.
Meanwhile you can take Fertisure M once daily to improve you sperm quality.
Follow-up: Suggest me on my semen analysis report 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply..I have few more queries
1. My motility is 70 % and what should be the normal range for motility?
2. Should i go for any treatment for vericocele? I am unmarried and during medical checkup doctor noticed vericocele and ordered semen analysis. I hope there is not much relationship between hepatico jejunostomy surgery and sperm count.I had a semen analysis one month before my hepaticojejunostomy surgery and the count was 7 million/ml and my health was not good at that time due to obstructive jaundice.Can i neglect that result?
3. In my semen analysis report normal range of sperm count is mentioned as 60-150millions/ml.Why it is like that? Why they are giving a bit higher normal range?
Firstly,very good motility is about 90%.But above 70% is acceptable.
Varicocele can cause decreased motility and sperm count sometimes so yes,you should be treated for that.Your surgery doesnt have any direct relation to the sperm count so you can disregard any report of the semen analysis done then.Your current reports matter.The minimum sperm count should be at least 20 million and anything less than that is abnormal. So are above that range. Your counts may be low due to the varicocele so if you get treated for that,you should repeat your semen analysis after 3 months.
Follow-up: Suggest me on my semen analysis report 7 hours later
Thanks for the reply..
What are the treatment options available for vericocele?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
Varicocele usually requires surgery.In recent times,new procedures like varicocele embolisation are becoming popular.