Suggest instant relief to get rid of swollen pimple on forehead

I have a very swollen pimple on my forehead, as sometimes happens around the time of menstruation, and I've tried to use OTC ointments to heal it - but it's not working as efficiently as i would have hoped. I have an event this weekend, and need the swelling to go away by then. I can upload pictures of it via email, and hopefully I could get a short course prescription of prednisone or of a topical ointment for fast relief.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thank for the query and photograph. Acne usually become severe at and around the time of period. You need a combination of creams for this. In night apply adapalene gel and in morning clindamycin gel. Please don't take prednisone or apply any steroid cream. It will make the condition more severe. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you