Suggest how to produce enough milk in breast feeding mothers?
User rating for this question
my sister delivered her third baby. she breast feeds her baby whole day. but she is unable to produce enough milk. therefore, she has to even bottle feed the baby. baby drinks lactogen thrice a day. my sister is healthy, she eats non veg food, daal, khichadi, chapati with lrafy vegetables sabzi, dryfruits powder mixed in milk. she drinks 400ml milk every day...all this she does to produce heavy milk for the baby....but inspite of all these efforts she has low flow. please afvice what can be done in this condition. she also tried having shatavari powder...it had very less effect. please help. thanks a lot
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 6 hours later
Brief Answer: listed Detailed Answer: Hi, Iam happy that your sister is trying her best to have more breast milk. Frequently putting the baby on the breast( frequent suckling) helps. Because milk comes more when baby sucks. Complete tempting of both breast Every time she feeds. Start with left side onetime and rt side next time. Plenty of fluids and milk as she already takes. Finally there is a herbal preparation called lactate in tablet form and powder . If available she can try Also let her relax ad not get over anxious because that itself will hinder milk production. Good luck Dr Uma
People also viewed
- Breast feeding on lactare to increase breast milk safe
- Taxim 0 drop paediatric for children?
- What are the modes of transmission of pasteurella pneumonia?
- Side effects of dilo bm expectorant
- Livolin nebulisation kids safe
- Molluscum vicks vaporub
- Suggest how to produce enough milk in breast feeding mothers
- Food that produce breast milk
- Not producing enough breast milk how to increase supply
- Mohs urologist surgeon
- Spitting stitches mohs surgery
- Breast produce milk not pregnant
- Perssonalized medicine bronchopneumonia in children
- Why monocef o is given in pregnancy
- Oflox syrup dose kids