Suggest home remedy for for mouth ulcer

Hi, i have mouth ulcer and am travelling with very little acess to proper pharma. Is there anything simple to relieve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no home remedy for mouth ulcers Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Well, there is no home treatment to either cure it or reduce the pain while eating. Mouth ulcer is usually due to indigestion/intestine infection in which, the good bacteria of the intestine, are killed by the bad bacteria. Take lots of curd- which contains good bacteria- till you have access to a chemist. Buy from the chemist shop:- * oral gel (containing lignocaine hydrochloride + choline salicylate); apply it 3 minutes before eating. This will stop the ulcer pain while having a meal. * Sporlac/Sporsyn tablets/capsule one tablet thrice daily for 15 days. * Secnidazole 1gm twice daily for 5 days. * Multi-vitamin tablets: one tablet THRICE a day for a week. The ulcer will heal within 5-7 days' time. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal