Suggest home remedies for leg cramps at night

Jun 2014

Hi My name is XXXX I would like to know the effect of Ubicar Tablets which I have been taking for over a month now. My doctor advised me for the same as I am getting cramps in my legs at night. Pl. advise if any alternate home remedies or any other medication can be taken
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Alternative or home remedies Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for showing your trust on healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would try my best to solve the query. First of all I would like to tell you about Ubicar which consists of Ubidecarenone a antioxidant and L-Carnitine which is biosynthesized from the amino acids lysine and methionine. In other word its like a multivitamin that will help you in improving their cardiovascular and/or heart health and delay the neuropathy due to its antioxidant effect. Its also available by name of Co-Enzyme Q10. You can also take pregabalin, gabapentin or tricyclic antidepressanta as an alternative, it would help to control neuropathy pain. About home remedies to control leg cramps include: 1) Boil 1-teaspoon saffron in 1/2 cup water. Let it reduce to become 1 tablespoon. Divide this solution into three portions and take with equal quantities of water, thrice daily for a couple of days. This is very effective home remedy for leg pains and will help to reduce the pain. 2) A diet high in natural fibres from fruits and vegetables, pulses, whole grains, calcium, magnesium and vitamin E rich foods also help in fighting against the joint pains. 3) Drink 1 cup of warm water mixed with limejuice and honey to reduce pain. 4) Drink 15 grams of fresh bathu juice daily with an empty stomach without adding any salt or sugar to it. This is very effective home remedy for leg pains. I think that enough home remedies that would help you to control leg pain Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist