Suggest home remedies for black head and acne

Dec 2013

Hi Doctor My name is XXXXX I have black head on my face and acne can you help me with home remedies for the same Thanks XXXXX
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kinldy see the details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for pimples. It is really bothersome to have something unwanted present on our face. Before I proceed to your issue let me explain you elaborately regarding pimples- Acne or pimples in most of teenage people starts appearing at the age of 13-14 years and then almost vanishes by the age of 25-30 years. The main cause of pimple formation is basically due to hormones (chemicals which are influencing one or other body functions) in addition to the influence of certain other factors causing its aggravation. The hormone plays the most important role in high oil secretion and increase the size of oil glands. As the pores or ducts of the glands are blocked so it leads to formation of pimples. There are certain other factors such as application of oily or creamy products, over exposure to sunlight, heat and humidity or due to pinching, popping and squeezing of the pimples also leads to formation of pimples. Once these are healing they leave the most problematic thing which are either marks or scars. Therefore any of the above factors along with hormones can cause appearance of pimples before the age of 25-30 years. After the age of 25 years there is less upsurge in the hormones and these gets stabilized and therefore less appearance of pimples after 25 years. So probably you got some idea regarding your acne. Kindly give me brief idea regarding so that I can suggest you further: - your age and marital status and your job profile. - If married then future planning about pregnancy or if blessed with kids then are you feeding your baby. - status of your pimples - how often in a week/month you get big pimples. - Are there any scars and/ or pigmentation. - Treatment taken before in form of any medications by mouth or any medications which you have applied. It would be better if you can upload a close picture of face. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your further queries. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia). There are certain best of suggestions which you can follow: 1. Do not pinch, pop or squeeze any area on face. 2. Do not apply any creamy or oily stuff or any other cosmetics over face. 3. Try to avoid any home remedies suggested by your friends or family members or otherwise self implicated therapies also. Most of he times any of the home remedies blocks more of the pores and results in more aggarvation of pimples. 4. Do not take steam or steam bath or massage on your face as these also aggravates the pimples. 5. Try avoiding situations of direct continuous exposure to sunlight or heat and humidity for long hours. 6. Kindly do not use any antibiotic as self medication. 7. Do not apply any hair oil on scalp or apply in very less amount. Wash your scalp daily with some good shampoo and let there be no dandruff in your scalp ( because dandruff itself causes blockage of pores of oil glands and then pimples). Hope these informations will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to help. Regards. Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)