Suggest healthy food for nine month old baby

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
could you please suggest some healthy food for my kid who is 0.9 Months young. His birth weight is 3.0 KG and now he is 7 KG. Is it normal weight ? Im living in Bangalore, India, so I prefer food from my locality . Thanks.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: On the lower range of normal Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Your baby is in the lower range of normal. The expected weight is 7 to 9.5 for that birth weight. But if your kid is active and playing well do not worry. Try iron supplements along with vitamin for 3 months to improve appetite. If you are nonveg give egg everyday fully boiled. You can start nonveg soups too. If you are veg , give balanced diet which should include rice, dhal, ghee, vegetables and fruits. Add ghee to almost each food item. A guide: Morning idli in water or cerelac Midday egg or dhal with fruits like boiled XXXXXXX , orange . Noon rice or cerelac or rice kanji with ghee Repeat similarly in evening and night. You can give all home foods like upma, rice plus dhal but it should be soft and swallowable . Don't forget to give breast feeds inbetween esp in the night. Hope this helps. Wishing your kid great health Regards Dr Arun