Suggest growth level for particular age and medication to increase height

Dear Doc...

My Son is 8 years and 8 months and is 120CM in height.
My daughter is 2 years and 3 months and is 80CM in height.

Kindly advice if the growth level of them is OK or NOT.

If NOT, please advice as to what medication can be done to gain height. Thanks!
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 36 minutes later
Thanks for your query to health care magic
Height has a lot of familial characteristic. If you are short, your kids will also be. Height has to be measured correctly. Technique of measurement is important. We use infantometer for 2 years and stadiometer for older ones. It's preferable to be measured by a pediatrician.
Your older kid should be 128 cm and younger baby length should be 87cm. But don’t worry single value has not much importance. You have to monitor him over a period of time. If he or she gains atleast 2cm per 6mths or 4 cm per year then he or she is probably doing good. I am sure they will be doing so.
Regarding medications there is no need for any height medications at this moment. Just give him or her nutritious food, fruits vegetables and may be deworming and multivitamin syrups.
If you have any other queries, if am happy to help or else close the query and rate it.
Dr Balaji chinnasami MD
Assistant professor pediatrics