Suggest formula milk for a child

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
my 9th month baby does not get along with any formula ans is still dependent on my milk but i can pnly produce milk for her 3 feedings. what shall i do. Shall i increase solid intake for her. Which formula can i try that will can be eccepted by her.SHE DOES NOT LIKE SIMILAC and enfamil gets her sick.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Go on with more solids&breast feeding.... Detailed Answer: Hi, At the age of your baby (9 months old), she is old enough to take other solids; while feeding thrice daily with your breast milk is ok. I'd encourage to breast feed your baby at night, while, during the day, she can enjoy foods and drinks you prepare including formula milk. If she is not keen to formula milk, you can give her cow's or goat's milk. Be careful to boil it well before giving to your baby if un-pasteurized. Do not worry if your baby will take little food. If she will eat a little, the next meal she will eat/drink more according to her needs. As long as your baby is healthy and is increasing weight and height according to her age, then, there is nothing to be worried about. Take care! Dr.Sonila
Follow-up: Suggest formula milk for a child 3 days later
this weekend i tried gerber goodstart gentle on my dayghter, similar recations happened.Vomiting and veen she coudnt keep in pedialite. The doctor said taht she could be lactose intolerant, So i am going to try the baby's only organic soy. Hope that works on her. Ideally after 1 year, i think she will not be able to take cows milk as that would have lactose. I have the only option of giving her soy milk all her life. Is that all appropriate
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Malapsorption tests are recommended.... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Most probably she is lactose intolerant, however, I suggest to run malabsorption tests (food intolerance tests) to her to truly determine her real problem. Once you know what might cause her problems, you should avoid giving to her and teach her how to take proper care for her self when she grows up. At the end, the final conclusions are given after having the results of malapsorption tests. You can forward to me the tests for further evaluation! Dr.Sonila