Suggest food and medicine to keep cholesterol under control?

Hello Dr. I am 30 yr old..161 cm height 65 kg weighing..male..I had diagnosed with a high cholestrol. it crossed 300 I am controlling food. Any specific food or medicine to keep the cholestrol under control? Thank you, XXXXX
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please provide more details Detailed Answer: Dear Sir For correct interpretation of lipid profile, we require the detailed lipid profile and certain clinical information. Please provide the same so that exact strategy can be discussed. 1. What are the levels of various fractions of cholesterol i.e. LDL, HDL and VLDL cholesterol levels. 2. If you are a smoker? If any of your blood relatives has anginal heart disease? If yes, At what age it started ? If you have high blood pressure/ diabetes/ any chronic medical illness? 3. What is your usual blood pressure Once I receive this information , I will elaborate more on your question. Sincerely sukhvinder