Suggest excersises for cervical spondylosis

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i have recently developed cervical spondylosis in the C4-C5 and C5-C6 intervertebral levels. i) What are the exercises that you would suggest to cure this? ii) I understand that this is due to the sitting posture while using the laptop. Can you guide on the correct sitting posture? iii) Is Ypga or Physiotherapy useful in curing this?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. 1- ISOMETRIC EXERCISES: Do not hold your breath as you do these. For each exercise press for 5-6 counts, then relax. - Press your forehead into your palms. Resist any motion. - Press your hand against the side of your head.Resist any motion. - Press both hands against back of your head. Try to pull your head up.Resist any motion. - Press your head against your temple. Try to turn your chin to your shoulder. Resist any motion. You can do these exercises 5 times each twice a day. 2- Correct sitting posture: - Support your back. - Adjust your chair height so that you can use the keyboard with your wrists and forearms straight and level with the floor. - Rest your feet on floor. - Place your screen at eye level. - Place your keyboard in front of you when typing. Leave a gap of about four to six inches at the front of the desk to rest your wrists between bouts of typing. - Position and use the mouse as close to you as possible. - Your screen should be as glare-free as possible. 3- Yes, yoga and physiotherapy is useful in curing this. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: Suggest excersises for cervical spondylosis 3 hours later
thank you dr. XXXXXXX sorry i am unable to visualise how to do the isometric exercise . would it be possible to re-clarify. sorry for the trouble and thanks for your help
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 18 hours later
Brief Answer: You can watch them on youtube. Detailed Answer: Hi, For visualization of exercises better, you can watch them on youtube. If there is any difficulty in understanding them, you can contact me again for any clarification.