Suggest excercises that can be done during pregnancy

hi, Could you please suggest some excercise for me? Daily I am walking 15 min in morning and evening. Also I am 150 cm in height and was 48 kg before pregnancy. Now I am only 52 Kg. My Doctor told the growth of baby is correct. But is this weight gain adequate? Regards XXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Exercise in pregnancy should be mild and it is not recommended to start a new exercise regime during pregnancy. Aerobic exercise is not recommended. Daily walk can be very beneficial. The weight gain during pregnancy is a total of 11 - 12 kg. Though the weight gain is in normal range but is on the lower side of the range. So the weight gain is around 20th percentile. It could have better. I would recommend that you take adequate medical care during this period. Take diet for atleast 2 people. Also take vitamin and calcium supplements. Take care Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Suggest excercises that can be done during pregnancy 11 hours later
Hi, I am having dry fruits, banana, grapes and 2 glasses of milk everyday apart from the normal meals. Can you please suggest what more should I add to my deit plan to increase my weight? Also, can you please advice me on the sex during this period?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again Firstly regarding sexual intercourse during pregnancy, it is not prohibited. You can have sexual intercourse in the comfortable positions. The best position would be lying on your back or on your side. Now coming to the food to be taken during pregnancy. You are taking the correct diet. Only I don't know the number of meals that you are taking in a day. You should take 3 - 4 meals and 4 - 5 small snacks in a day. The food choices are mostly influenced by the cravings and aversions during pregnancy. High calorie foods will help in gaining weight like milk products (cheese, butter, ghee, creamy foods, ice-creams, sweets, etc). Add these foods to your meals. Avoid foods that have low nutritional values like soft drinks etc. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee