Suggest effective treatment for skin lesion

I have been taking 1g Valtrex twice a day for 23 days with no results. Is there some other medication I should try that may be more effective.Further, I have had this outbreak continuous for 18 months before being tested. It started as a bumpy rash on my left side of my back. After 12 months I developed a rash in the groin area and buttox.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pictures and details required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can come to the probable diagnosis and its further treatment. Please click some close up pictures of the exact skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell if the rash has been persistent since so long or it tends to heal and reappear. Is there any associated pain, itching or discomfort? What are you applying over the lesions? Waiting for your response and the above details. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest effective treatment for skin lesion 1 hour later
I have uploaded five images. The one on the back was first and has been persistent for18 months, no pain, just iching. The ones on the butt and groin have been persistent for about 10 month, no pain just itching. I have only used anti itch lotion. I got tested for STD's Only positive for Genital Herpes and Oral Herpes. Also, have type 2 Diabetes take 850 mg Metformina twice a day.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Extensive fungal infection skin Detailed Answer: Hi again I have seen the attached pictures. You are having an extensive fungal skin infection which is tinea infection. Now this type of skin infection is very common in diabetics especially those whose blood glucose levels are not well in control. So first of all, you need to see your physician and get your blood glucose levels checked once again and get prescribed accordingly. Now for the infection, you need to apply an antifungal cream like canestan over the affected areas twice a day. In addition, you can use a clotrimazole containing antifungal dusting powder twice a day over the skin folds. Do not apply any other cream or oils over the body. Any kind of moisturizers also tend to increase the fungal infection. Wear cotton clothes so as to minimize sweating. Take bath daily. You can take some oral antihistamines like benadryl for the associated itching. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul