Suggest dry cough treatment when on Tralmet and Telma for high BP

Question
Hi, My age is 63&taking treatment for High BP after cag during 2000.I am Not diabetic. I am taking tralmet xl 50and telma40 for the last one month. I feel some dry cough and my heart rate around 72. Previously i was taking tensim50 only .since bp increased the tab changed. can I continue .What the solution for dry cough.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Continue taking medication Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dr Mr XXXXXXX Cough is likely to be due to Telma 40 that is Telmisartan. Telma ,the generic name is Telmisartan which is Angiotensin receptor blocking group of antihypertensive, unlike the Angiotensin converting enzyme group of drugs they cause less cough or no cough. If the cough is not continuous and not causing any trouble; the drug can be continued. The cough will subside over next couple of week . There appears no cause of concern. Taking steam inhalation 15 minutes each session twice a day will be beneficial. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Wishing you and your family a very happy new year Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD

Follow-up: Suggest dry cough treatment when on Tralmet and Telma for high BP 35 minutes later
My pulse rate was maintained at 65 level. Now After taking of Telma40 it is around 70 and 76. Whether it is ok, since I am a post cag patient.regarding cough it is ok since it is not continuous

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: The pulse rate is within the normal range Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Slight alteration in pulse rate as in your case is very much acceptable and within the permissible limit. It occurs due to slight alteration in sympathetic activity. There is no cause for concern . Also slight cough is acceptable as in your case and will definitely subside. Rest be assured that there is no cause for concern. Wishing you a very happy and healthy life. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak

Follow-up: Suggest dry cough treatment when on Tralmet and Telma for high BP 17 minutes later
Thank u Doctor.I am happy with ur consultation. Once again thank u and Happy new year

Brief Answer: Wishing you a very happy new year Detailed Answer: Thanks for your wishes. Wish you and your family a very happy new year. Do write directly to me anytime you need any advice. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD