Suggest dosage of albendazole 400mg for thread worm?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi,i have had thread worms for about 3 months,i have spent a fortune on ovex but it does not work,my doctor is useless and pecribed I tablet of ovex!!!! I have now brought albendazole 400mg on line and would like to know how to take these. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take 400 mg orally once as a single. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You should take 400 mg orally once as a single dose; may repeat in 2 weeks. It is a prescription drug to be taken under the supervision of your doctor. I also recommend all household contacts of you must receive treatment even if other people in household are symptomless. You must remember that you must take care of your personal hygiene along with medication, as personal hygiene is equally important as medication taken by you. I hope you have your answer. Thanks.