Suggest dosage for Montek to treat running nose and throat infection?

I suddenly developed running nose and throat infection. I have history of allergic rhinitis. I was advised by my doctor to take montek 10 in discrete. After taking montek 10 tablet in noon my running nose does not stop can I take one more dose of montek lc again on same day before bed
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No, it will not give much relief. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. As per your history you are having allergic rhinitis & drug that you are taking is taken prophylactically before symptoms appear but you already have developed symptoms.In that case this drug won't give much relief. In this case you may take combination of anti-histamine & anti allergic drug like phenylephrine & levo-cetrizine combination. This will give you better relief. Also try to avoid contact with allergen. Visit ENT specialist for better diagnosis & treatment plan. Hope I answered your query. Regards Dr.Neha Sumra