Suggest dosage for Iron

Question
Hello
My wife is in 32nd week of pregnancy approaching 33rd week. Growth of baby is going fine. She is Beta Thallesaemia Minor carrier trait. Her Haemoglobin is 10.7, Iron is high at 209. Rest everything is normal.
She is on 30mgx twice a day, 60 Mg iron , 1mg Folic Acid, 500 Mcg Vitamin B12 , 1g Calcium. Should i reduce her Iron Intake . Pls advice.
Posted Sat, 18 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you need to reduce the dose of iron.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting us about your health concerns.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

You can reduce the dose of iron as her iron levels are more but usually in thalassemia iron levels are on the lower side, so keep watch on it.

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.

Good luck.

Follow-up: Suggest dosage for Iron 2 hours later
What should be the optimum dosage of iron maam , on a per day basis. Pls advice.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have to take 25mg per day during pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
There are different types of iron preparation available in the market, your doctor prescribed you according to your needs.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.