Suggest dietry and lifestyle changes to be made for hypothyroidism

Endocrinologist
Question
I am having hypothyroid. I am a female of age 25 yrs. and m married. I am taking 75mcg eltroxin daily. And my throid level is under control. Should I take any precautions in my daily routine like eating habits, exercise etc. ?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Not directly related to food. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX Hi! as you have a well controlled thyroid balance, food and exercise will have no direct effect on thyroid. but definitely yes, you must exercise regularly and eat a balanced food. avoid putting on weight. hypothyroidism has a tendency to make you put on weight and if your life style is such as to make you put on weight then you will have difficult time losing it also as you put on weight your dose will also change for thyroxine. so eat a healthy food and be active.

Follow-up: Suggest dietry and lifestyle changes to be made for hypothyroidism 2 hours later
I am a software engineer and I have a sedentary lifestyle. I hv put on weight over a period of time. M married. My age is 25 yrs. and weight is 69 kgs. I am currently taking eltroxine 75mcg. Do u think this dose is alright at this time?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to know your present status. Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm, it is correlated with your present weight and your recent TSH and ft4. so please tell me that and your height as well. thank you.

Follow-up: Suggest dietry and lifestyle changes to be made for hypothyroidism 2 minutes later
I did not take the TSH recently. I will take that test and will update you then . Thanks

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: O k Detailed Answer: till then please let me know your ht

my ht is 5'1.5"

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer: 154 cm Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm so you are 154 cm, so you should be 54 kg. regards!

Follow-up: Suggest dietry and lifestyle changes to be made for hypothyroidism 5 minutes later
yes... I have started controlling my diet by consulting a nutritionist. Also, I am doing walk and skipping daily. Do u recommend some other steps in order to control my weight? And I will update you my TSH results in 1-2 days.

Brief Answer: Good Detailed Answer: this is really good. let us wait for the results.

Follow-up: Suggest dietry and lifestyle changes to be made for hypothyroidism 2 days later
Hi doctor. Please find attached my report.

Brief Answer: No report Detailed Answer: sport could not find the attachment.

Follow-up: Suggest dietry and lifestyle changes to be made for hypothyroidism 10 minutes later
TSH is 2.77

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal report. Detailed Answer: dear XXXX , I already told you it is normal so continue same treatment. Regards!