Suggest diet plan for a person having sgpt at 95.8 and sgot at 45.5

My husband has sgpt at 95.8 and sgot at 45.5, what is the kind of diet suitable for him. He is currently taking medicines for gout
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Your husband's liver functions are not much deranged, he can take almost normal diets but in view of gout and mildly raised SGPT he should avoid fried food and non-vegetarian diets and off course the alcohol must be avoided if he takes.
Some medicines of gout like febuxostat, allopurinol and colchicine all have mild hepatic toxicity. Steroids are also used sometimes and can cause a rise in LFTs.
He should exercise and reduce saturated fats in diets to improve his Lipid profile as well.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Suggest diet plan for a person having sgpt at 95.8 and sgot at 45.5 13 hours later
Dear Doctor

Thank you for your response

The medicine that he takes for Uric Acid is Zyloric 100mg

Can statins medicines increase SGPT and SGOT

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 41 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
The deranged LFT may be due Zyloric, any way he needs to continue it so repeat LFT every week till you are sure they have stabilised or become normal.
Statins can cause liver dysfunction and can affect SGOT/SGPT levels and can cause muscle damage as well.
his lipid profile is not that bad, he can do without statins also.
Improve the life style, do regular exercise, cut down on fried foods and meat and saturated fats and reduce body weight slowly, all these measures would be helpful in gout also; The things will start improving by themselves.
Wish you a great health!