Suggest diet plan for a 2 months old child other than cow milk

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hello my child is 2 months-10 days old. he is much on cow milk than on mother feed.i tried once giving him lactogen 1 when was outstation bt he passed XXXXXXX stool and smelly too...what shall i give him,
when have to move out from town other than cow milk?
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

The options are:
You can try to give breast milk, as with frequent sucking the quantity of breast milk will increase and the baby can become accustomed to breast milk.

You can try different brand of milk power for which he can adjust possibly.
Some of the available brands are Dexolac, Dexolac premium, Nan etc.
Before starting one of these better to consult your regular pediatrician and take his advice regarding this.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Suggest diet plan for a 2 months old child other than cow milk 13 hours later
frequent sucking also doesn"t satisfy him properly...so i hv to give him top feed after my feed by the gap of hlf an hour.Is cow milk better than nan or lactogen?can i switch over to nan or lactogen than cowmilk?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later

Usually breast milk is the best food for the baby.
If not, in top-feeds that is better to which he gets adjusted.
As now he got adjusted to cow milk that is better.
So when you are going out if cow milk is not available you can use one of the milk powders I suggested.
If he becomes adjusted to it you can continue that instead of cow milk.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.