Suggest diet for jaundice recovery

Hello Sir, My name is XXXXXXX I am suffering with jaundice. My biirubrin level is 4.5 and SGPT is 80 and SOGT is 78.. Please advice the necessary diet and medicines.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get a test done to identify the Hepatitis virus Detailed Answer: Hi Srikant, Thanks for your query. You are apparently suffering from a mild Viral Hepatitis (inflammation of the Liver). Liver enzymes are only marginally elevated, which is a good sign. The outcome depends on the causative virus. Hence, it is advisable to get the test done to identify the culprit Hepatitis virus (A, B, C, D or E). There is NO requirement of any medicines. There are no drugs of proven value : the liver functions will revert to normal state within 2-3 weeks' time, ON THEIR OWN. Avoid strenuous physical exertion, alcohol, drugs that are toxic to liver; take vitamin supplements and a LOW FAT diet. THAT IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me. He will order the test for identification of the culprit virus. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Suggest diet for jaundice recovery 43 minutes later
Hello Sir, Thanks for your reply.. One last query. Can i eat non-Veg ? or atleast omlet ? Please advise. Daily I am having buttermilk rice and dal rice only. Please advise on below items:- 1) Fish,Prawns. 2)Mutton. 3)Omlet without oil.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Avoid mutton and fatty foods Detailed Answer: You can eat omelets and all non-veg foods, EXCEPT mutton.