Suggest diet for a 9 months old child

Hi Dr. my Daughter is 9months old. I have started solids just after 6months, and that was cerelac stage 1 (rice). Just from 8months i have started giving Homemade Khichdi (with rice and dal and lil salt) So i just want to know 1. If salt is ok with homemade food, as i found from some article that it is not good for infants kidney 2. I want to add some vegetable with Khichdi what are those vegetable that i can use to make baby food. if carrot is good ? again i found from some article that this is not good also So i'm confused .. Please inform the food chart for my little one Thanks XXXX
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 5 hours later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. As your baby is 9 months old you can add vegetables like potato,peas,carrot,bottle gourd,spinach. There is no harm in adding little salt . Also give fruit like banana XXXXXXX papaya,grapes,apricort. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..
Follow-up: Suggest diet for a 9 months old child 15 hours later
Hi Dr. Thanks you for your reply..i'll do the same whatever u'va informed. One more thing i forgot to tell you about my baby. That she is too much restless through out the night. She canot sleep at a stretch more than 15mintuts. She never feel comfortable in her own sleeping position . Withing every 15minutes to 2 hours duration she will wake up and will start crying. Again i've to feed her or make her sleep . 1st time i was thinking that she might be hungry but no after full feeding even she do the same. I dont know what to do ..pls suggest
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Babies cry due to many reasons like : Hunger/wetness/discomfort/boredom. During sleep keep room quiet. Avoid bright light. During day time do not put her to sleep much. Till the time she is active, nothing to worry. Hope this helps Take care..
Follow-up: Suggest diet for a 9 months old child 1 hour later
hI During day time she generally sleep for 3/4 hours only amd that is at noon time .i thing this is very normal for all, even that time also she feel restlessness .. No light, temp is also ok ..after that also she cant sleep properly it's started from couple of month back
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 8 hours later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Thanks again. Every baby is different.,and sleep pattern gets adjusted of its own. If she is active and taking feeds properly that means this sleep pattern is not doing any harm. So relax,with time it will get settled. Take care.