Suggest diet chart and medicine for itchy rashes on legs?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
i need a DIET CHART..& NEEDFULL MEDICINE....RECENTLY I FACING SOME ITCHING PROBLEM IN LEGS & FOUND RED COLOUR RASHES... RECENTLY I TAKE THESE MEDICINES : PAN40 SYR.POTKLOR TAB-URIBID 100 MG TAB-MARZORO-375 MG TAB-TAZLOC-40 MG TAB-ALFUSIR-10 PLZ ADVICE
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please specify rashes.. Detailed Answer: Hello. Dear Sir. I am Dr. Kakkar. I am a skin specialist. I can advice you regarding the Rashes only. For diet chart you need to ask a dietician. But before that I would like to know the following: 1)Where exactly are the rashes? are they in groin? If yes, are they on both sides? 2)Are you a diabetic? 3)Have you applied any medicine over the rashes? 4)How do the rashes look? are they oval or round in shape? is their scaling? If possible send me a picture of the affected area.. Thanks regards Dr. kakkar

Follow-up: Suggest diet chart and medicine for itchy rashes on legs? 34 minutes later
1) rashes r in both leg...below knee 2)no i m nt diabetic 3)nt yet 4)scaling & oval

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dry discoid eczema is a possibility Detailed Answer: Dear Sir. Bilateral oval and scaling patches on b/l legs below knee suggest a likely possibility of Dry discoid eczema. Another possibility is fungal infection/tinea but it seems unlikely because of B/L distribution of lesions and also the site is little unfavourable for fungal infection+you are not a diabetic. Points in favor of dry discoid eczema are: 1)Its B/l distribution 2)Acral distribution i.e lower legs (acral parts are comparatively more prone to dryness) 3)Age( skin becomes dry in >60 yrs age group and thus is prone to discoid eczema/dermatitis) 4)Winter season: Weather also plays an important part in dry discoid aczema. Cold and Dry weather sucks all the moisture from skin into the atmosphere also more so in people >60 yrs of age because the skin water retention capacity wanes with age. 5)Atopy: People who are prone to allergies like recurrent cold, rhinitis, sinusitis are also more prone to dry skin and Discoid eczema during winters. 1)Applying a good moisturizer twice daily on the entire area would keep your skin hydrated and help in the resolution of the rashes also preventing new lesions from developing. 2)Apply a topical steroid like clobetasol propionate over and above the moisturizer only over the patches for 2-4 weeks after consultation with a doctor. 3)Once daily anti histamine like cetrizine, fexofenadine or loratdaine would help you with the itch part. I would advice you to get a confirmatory diagnosis by visiting a dermatologist. take care regards get well soon

Follow-up: Suggest diet chart and medicine for itchy rashes on legs? 12 hours later
as recently i faced urine infection....which food i can take....i need a dietacian reply...

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sir, please ask a separate question for dietitian Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, I am not an expert dietitian, I am a dermatologist therefore I am not in a position to guide you regarding that. It’s an entirely different specialty. You need to ask a separate question for a dietitian. You may write to YYYY@YYYY for further assistance on the same. Regards Dr. kakkar