Suggest cure for patchy loss of hair and also hair fall

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
Hi all please suggest good dermatologist in Bangalore i having patchy loss of hair please suggest and also my hair falls daily ..
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly send details with pictures Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for patchy hair loss and hair fall. You have not elaborated about the problem of both patchy hair loss and hair fall so that I can help you better. It would be better if you can elaborate a bit about: - Since how long the problem of patchy hair loss and hair fall is prent. - are these two conditions of patchy hair loss and hair fall interrelated meaning a diffuse hair loss or you have exact bald patch on scalp. - any illness or emotional or stressful event in last 6-12 months - your dietary status - any substance abuse like alcohol or smoking - your occupation The best of the part would be to send few good resolution pictures of the area so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia) "Wish you good health" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)

Follow-up: Suggest cure for patchy loss of hair and also hair fall 1 hour later
Hi Thanks for your reply Patchy hair i having since when i was in 4th std hair patches are smooth and little in red color and hair loss is since 2 or 3 years and also on eyebrow also some hairs are lost..am pure vegetarian for this hair loss i have stated eating eggs from last week ..i don't smoke and drink,i take daily chapati,rice,sambar etc..i'll upload the picture in night. Kind regards

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 22 hours later
Brief Answer: consult dermatologist at medical college level Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for sending the relevant details of your problem. I was still waiting to get your pictures of the area of that the exact situation could be analyzed. Anyhow form your details it appears to be "alopecia areata". It is a autoimmune condition of hair fall where there is development of antibodies to the hair root is present. In this condition the hair are lost from some areas of the body, usually from the scalp or form eyebrows an other parts. You can consult dermatologist at medical college level in Bangalore. You can visit skin department in medical college hospital. It would be the best approach to take care of your problem. You will get best professional advise by the team of dermatologist working over in medical college. As you are vegetarian so accordingly for the betterment kindly follow the suggestions below: 1. Eat at least 3-4 different fruits saplings per day. Every fruit is good but you can make a combination of sour with sweet fruits such as oranges, papaya and other of seasonal fruits. 2. Pulses are good source of proteins. So everyday have a small bowel full of mixed pulses. Add green leafy vegetables additionally in the pulses which contains lot of iron and vitamins in it. 3. Sprouts are the best source of fibers, minerals especially iron, vitamins and proteins too. so add it at-least alternate day if you can not make in every-day's part of meal. 4. Over night soaked and peeled almonds will give you good vitamin E which is good for the hair growth. 5. Milk and milk products should be included in every-day's schedule. 6.Do light exercises, reduce your work stress as all these have bit impact on skin so also on scalp skin. 7.Stop any substance abuse such as smoking and alcohol if any!! These are only adjuvant therapy, the mainstay of the treatment is by oral and topical steroids along with certain vitamin tablets which can be discussed with the dermatologist at Medical college level. I hope these informations will help you. If you have further queries I will be glad to help. "Wish you good health" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)

Follow-up: Suggest cure for patchy loss of hair and also hair fall 11 hours later
Hello sir Please find the attachment i have taken the pictures of patchy hair spots kindly check the images and what next step i have to take please let me know Kind regards

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly see the detailed mail. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone though all the pictures sent by you. Though in some the resolution is not good but rest are quite importantly telling the exact situation of your patchy hair loss. The pictures further confirm the condition as detailed before. There are two important points in this condition: whether the patchy hair loss is stagnant or is increasing. If it is stagnant then in this condition the best modality of treatment would be medical and surgical therapy. Medical therapy include minoxidial lotion and certain tablet containing biotin and other essential nutrients. In surgical therapy- hair restoration can be done by : “stem cell therapy” or by “hair transplantation” after detailed work up. If the patches are progressive then the first and foremost thing is to stop further progression. It may require “immunomodulator drugs” under strict dermatological supervision. For the practical implication of all the above and to get even better of advise you can consult dermatology department at Medical College level in Bangalore. As said before, you can visit skin department and get best professional advice by the team of dermatologist working over in medical college. I hope these informations will help you. If you have further queries I will be glad to help. "Wish you good health" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)