Suggest cure for muscular dystrophy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
is there any cure for muscular dystrophy yet? please let me know.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: No cure is available. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. No treatment is currently available to stop or reverse any form of muscular dystrophy (MD). Instead, certain therapies and medications aim to treat the various problems that result from MD and improve the quality of life for patients. These include physical therapy, respiratory therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, corrective surgery, etc. The medicines that help to control the symptoms include steroids, anticonvulsants, immunosuppresants and antibiotics to control the infections. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Suggest cure for muscular dystrophy? 9 minutes later
thanks for answering. will there be any cure soon?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Not yet. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The cure can be explored in the area of gene therapy. This needs a lot of further trials and research and depends on the type of dystrophy you have. Let us hope for a good treatment in coming years. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards