Suggest cure for knee joints pains when sit and stand

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, From last one month iam getting knee joints paining when sit and stand.Can you please tell me solution to cure this.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Slight modifications in your life style can help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. You might be suffering from patellar tendinitis or chondromalacia patellae, which causes pain in your knee when you sit and stand. This type of knee pain related to overuse or physical activity. Slight modifications in your life style can help. - Do regular knee exercises (quadriceps and hamstrings). - Always warm up before exercising and cool down afterwards. Stretch your quadriceps and hamstrings. - Lose weight if you are overweight. Every pound that you are overweight puts about 5 extra pounds of pressure on your knee cap when you go up and down stairs. - Use heat and cold to manage pain. Both heat and cold can relieve pain in your joint. Heat also relieves stiffness and cold can relieve muscle spasms. - Apply over-the-counter pain creams. Creams and gels available at the drugstore may provide temporary relief from pain. - Take diet rich in calcium, vitamin d3 and minerals Right now you can start taking Tablet Tylenol ( Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner. It is suggested to add calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily. This will take care of your mild symptoms in 3-5 days. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care