Suggest cure for iliac fossa pains with bloating and loose pale stools

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have left iliac fossa pains with bloating and loose-ish pale stools, with general lethargy. I've had a pelvic ultrasound which showed nothing and had a diagnosis of ibs which I'm not convinced by. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm 31 and female.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and could suggest as following: - do fecal culture for bacteria/virus/candida - do examination of stool for ova/parasites; - schedule colonoscopy Diagnostic laparoscopy is the test of choice but is invasive test. meanwhile I'd suggest to: -drink more water -take tasectan for diarrhea -take probiotics and ORS -avoid coffee, chocolate, sugary, fatty, procesed foods -avoid carbonated, energetic drinks -wash fresh foods well before consuming -keep good hygiene when cooking or after going to toilet Looking foreward to have your lab results! Dr. klerida

Follow-up: Suggest cure for iliac fossa pains with bloating and loose pale stools 1 hour later
I also feel very lethargic and breathless, shouid this be cause for concern?

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.... Detailed Answer: Hi, If you are feeling lethargic and breathless, they could be related to severe dehydration. Therefore, I'd suggest to go to ER as you might need intravenous treatment and to run other tests such as: - complete blood profile - electrolytes level apart the tests mentioned earlier. All the best! Dr.Klerida