Suggest cream to treat dry skin in baby?

Dear sir, My son is 1.3 years. In winter season there are some crackels on cheeks. please suggest some cream or jelly for baby. even we use vaseline petroliun jelly on his cheecks only at night. please suggest
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer follows. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to health care magic. I can understand your concern. It will be hazardous to give a prescription to a baby of that age without examining the lesions. I would suggest you to go to a Pediatrician and get your baby examined physically before starting on any treatment. For dryness of skin I normally suggest to my patients cream containing Aloe Vera. As far as your baby is concerned I suggest you to consult a doctor before starting on any treatment. Recurrent application of oil will definitely help to combat dryness of skin. Reduce the usage of excess of soap during bathing of baby. Continue to ask further queries as required. Hope this helps. Take care. Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty M.D.(Pediatrics) Associate Professor of Pediatrics