Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest cheaper option for phimosis surgery?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
My friend has a nine year old son, he has phimosis and his mother is scared for her son and scared about how much this surgery will cost her, she barely get's by month to month and she says that the people she talked to gave her prices from $4000 up. Seems like a lot to me. and to her.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: High price if done by laser. Detailed Answer: Hi. Phimosis needs circumcision. As the boy is 9 years old. The exorbitant price for circumcision may be due to laser. The difference between the two procedures-one by laser and another by conventional method is only the mode of cutting the skin. Rest of the procedure is going to be absolutely same. There is no cost-effectiveness of the procedure by laser ( if you do not want to spend excess)