Suggest cheaper alternative of Androderm

My insurance has inflated the cost of my Androderm and I am loking for price effient alternatives. Is something like Androxy viable?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Androderm is available as inexpensive generic. Detailed Answer: If cost is your main concern I think you may need to switch pharmacies. My brief research indicates that the Target chain of pharmacies in the United States has it available for four dollars/month in its generic form. I suggest you price this as a generic and obtain it outside of your insurance.
Follow-up: Suggest cheaper alternative of Androderm 15 hours later
Everywhere I have looked, an androderm generic is not available in the USA. The cost issue is due to what my insurance covers and does not cover and the quantity of my dosage being two 4mg patches per day. I would like more information on androxy as it is abvailable in generic.
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Similar indications for androxy and androderm Detailed Answer: Androxy is the brand name of a different androgen that acts similarly on the testosterone receptor receptor as transdermal androgens. It is a pill taken several times a day with food. This makes dosing a little more challenging but the inconvenience may certainly be outweighed by the less expensive cost. I do not know whether this will be a seamless transition for you. You may need to make some adjustments in timing inducing to get the same effect with androxy. It is always a little challenging to convert someone from transdermal medication because an oral med is not metabolized as smoothly. It can be a little more difficult to get a sustained even blood level. However with a little patience and effort you may find it well worth your while and be very satisfied with this alternative. It is very reasonable to try to do so. I hope this answers your question. I apologize for not him having done so earlier.