Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest bladder infection treatment

Jul 2016

I now have a bladder infection. Is that because of the medications I have been taking? And I am no longer taking the griseofulvin. Can I take terrimycin for the bladder infection. I am on my second day of over the counter AZO. Will the bladder infection go away on its own?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is UTI and not due to medications. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria. Dr.Patil.